OnePlus 5 – India launch event is set to be on June 22, 2017 at Mumbai. This is going to be the best OnePlus device ever and there are the most interesting features/specs of the OnePlus 5.
Like the previous models, the OnePlus 5 will also have a 64GB and a 128GB variant. However, the exciting news is about the RAM. As per leaks, this device will be available in 6GB and 8GB RAM variant.
OnePlus recently revealed the design of the OnePlus 5 through all its social media and as per the designs, it has a curved edge on the top and there are no ports on the top. If the design of this phone is the same on the bottom half then there will be no headphone jack which might disappoint some of the OnePlus fans. Also as per the design this device has the SIM card tray on the right hand side next to the lock key. As per leaks this will be a single SIM holding tray and there will be no external storage expansion option.
OnePlus is promoting this phone as a camera phone and the from the design it is clear that this phone is coming with a dual camera setup. The promotional post of this phone says “Focus on what matters” which gives a lot of clues about the camera feature of this phone and these are our thoughts on the camera features.
- With the dual camera setup you can get “Portrait mode” similar to the iPhone 7 Plus. “Portrait mode” artificially blurs the background on a software level to give the “shallow depth of field” effect on the pictures which is similar to a photo taken with DSLR and prime lenses/zoom lenses on their optimum range.
- The promotional picture shows a picture of an Ocean and from the picture you can see the clarity on water as well as the color depth of the picture. This shows the pictures taken with OnePlus 5 will have better dynamic range and the you can get better HDR (High Dynamic Range) photos with this phone. Also it indicates this phone will have a good shutter speed.
- This phone might also provide better OIS/EIS. OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) helps to capture shake-free/sharp hand-held image and video and this is possible due to the physical movement of the lens inside the camera. Similarly EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) is achieved with the help of software. So these features are expected in the camera of OnePlus 5.
- As per leaks the rear camera of the OnePlus 5 will be 23 megapixels and the front camera will be 16 megapixels. If that happens, it will be a huge improvement.
- Finally this this phone will also be able to record 4K videos on both front and rear cameras. But an increase in frame rate (FPS – Frames per second) is expected.
Also this phone will have Snapdragon 835 processor which is currently available in the US version of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. The OnePlus 5 is expected to come with Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box but the launch of “Android O” is expected to be on August 2017, so this phone might get “Android O” soon after the launch.
One of the best thing about OnePlus phones is they pack a lot of features in a decent price range. So this phone is also expected to come in a better price range. Indian price of the 6GB/64GB OnePlus 5 is expected to be ₹33,000 and the 8GB/128GB variant is expected at ₹38,000.
So that’s all we know about the OnePlus 5. If you are waiting for this phone, let us know your thoughts and opinion about this phone in the comments. Share this post if you find it helpful. Also if you want to attend the launch event of OnePlus 5, you can click here to buy the tickets.