Samsung is going to release the Samsung Z4 in India on May 19, 2017. It’s the 4th model of the Z – Series and it’s running with Tizen operating system. Samsung has confirmed the price of the device in their recent blog post in Samsung India Newsroom and the price is ₹5,790. Samsung says this phone is for those who want to upgrade to a smartphone from feature phone but don’t want to get into the complexity of Android OS. Let’s find out the truth and check if the Samsung Z4 is worth buying.
The Samsung Z4 has a 4.5” Display with 2.5D glass. It has a 1.5 quad core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory. Memory is also expandable up to 128GB. It has a 2050 mAh battery(removable) and dual SIM support. Coming to the camera, it has 5MP front facing camera and a 5MP rear facing camera with two flashes. The speaker is just located under the camera. It’s a 4G smartphone and users can also access Samsung theme store and Tizen store on this phone to download themes and apps.
This phone has some “Make for India” features. Such as –
- Localized solutions for Indian consumers.
- S bike mode.
- Ultra power saving mode.
- My Money Transfer : Offline banking service
- Access latest news in your preferred local language from the home screen.
Moment of truth:
If you know about Tizen OS, you know that it’s not that good compared to Android or iOS. These are some points that you should know before buying the Samsung Z4.
- The choice of apps is also very limited. Though the commonly used apps are currently available for Tizen OS. But, you may not get the app updates frequently.
- Samsung India says “The user interface on Samsung Z4 is simple, easy to use and optimized for seamless performance.” With the configuration of the device there is a huge question mark on the seamless performance.
- Tizen OS is Samsung’s self improved OS which is also found in the Gear Smartwatches. But there is no Samsung flagship or even mid range Tizen based smartphones available from Samsung. Samsung India says “With more than 500 million feature phone users, India has immense potential for smartphone upgrade.” From this you can understand that it is a “test product”.
- Samsung says this phone is specifically designed for “first time smartphone users”. It means that they are not targeting the people who have idea about Tizen OS.
If you are a first time smartphone user, definitely go for an Android based smartphone. You can find a lot of Android smartphone in the same range (₹5000 – ₹7000). MI phones give more features in this price which includes Google play stores and Google services. The MI interface might be complex for a first time smartphone user. In that case you can opt for a Motorola phone in the same price range. Moto user interface is nearly the same as that of the stock Android.
That’s all you need to know about Tizen and the Samsung Z4. Do let us know your thoughts about this phone and if you have any question you can comment below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org