Here is the official invitation from Samsung for the official launch of the Galaxy Note 8. On July 21, 2017 Samsung Global Newsroom has published this article about the official launch of the Galaxy Note 8. The global launch date is set to August 23, 2017. Continue reading “Note 8 – Official invitatin is out.”
The second generation Mi Max is here and as the name says it is a huge device in terms of physical size and battery capacity. The Mi Max 2 has a 6.44” display and a 5300 mAh high capacity battery. It supports quick charge 3.0 and Parallel charging. The charger that comes with this device is a 9V/2A charger. Also another cool thing about this device is that it has the current standard USB type C port in it. Which is a very good thing. This phone is made in India. The Mi Max 2 is launched at ₹16,999 which is a decent price for this phone and these are the specifications of the Mi Max 2. Continue reading “Mi Max 2 launched. Specs, Overview and price in India”
As per leaks the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 might be released on August 23 and there are a lots of rumors about the look and configuration of this device. Though most of the leaks are from third party sources, this time the Exynos team of Samsung has teased the Note fans with this picture on their official twitter account. Continue reading “Is this the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?”
It’s that time of the year, where a Galaxy Active phone should be released. Well this time it’s getting delayed but we are slowly getting some leaks and rumors about the Galaxy S8 Active and here’s our thoughts about this phone. This blog is an Opinion/discussion. So feel free to provide your input about this device. Continue reading “Galaxy S8 Active: Things that you can expect.”
OnePlus 5 – India launch event is set to be on June 22, 2017 at Mumbai. This is going to be the best OnePlus device ever and there are the most interesting features/specs of the OnePlus 5. Continue reading “Everything we know about the upcoming OnePlus 5.”
Samsung is going to release the Samsung Z4 in India on May 19, 2017. It’s the 4th model of the Z – Series and it’s running with Tizen operating system. Samsung has confirmed the price of the device in their recent blog post in Samsung India Newsroom and the price is ₹5,790. Samsung says this phone is for those who want to upgrade to a smartphone from feature phone but don’t want to get into the complexity of Android OS. Let’s find out the truth and check if the Samsung Z4 is worth buying.
The Samsung Z4 has a 4.5” Display with 2.5D glass. It has a 1.5 quad core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal memory. Memory is also expandable up to 128GB. It has a 2050 mAh battery(removable) and dual SIM support. Coming to the camera, it has 5MP front facing camera and a 5MP rear facing camera with two flashes. The speaker is just located under the camera. It’s a 4G smartphone and users can also access Samsung theme store and Tizen store on this phone to download themes and apps.
This phone has some “Make for India” features. Such as –
- Localized solutions for Indian consumers.
- S bike mode.
- Ultra power saving mode.
- My Money Transfer : Offline banking service
- Access latest news in your preferred local language from the home screen.
Moment of truth:
If you know about Tizen OS, you know that it’s not that good compared to Android or iOS. These are some points that you should know before buying the Samsung Z4.
- The choice of apps is also very limited. Though the commonly used apps are currently available for Tizen OS. But, you may not get the app updates frequently.
- Samsung India says “The user interface on Samsung Z4 is simple, easy to use and optimized for seamless performance.” With the configuration of the device there is a huge question mark on the seamless performance.
- Tizen OS is Samsung’s self improved OS which is also found in the Gear Smartwatches. But there is no Samsung flagship or even mid range Tizen based smartphones available from Samsung. Samsung India says “With more than 500 million feature phone users, India has immense potential for smartphone upgrade.” From this you can understand that it is a “test product”.
- Samsung says this phone is specifically designed for “first time smartphone users”. It means that they are not targeting the people who have idea about Tizen OS.
If you are a first time smartphone user, definitely go for an Android based smartphone. You can find a lot of Android smartphone in the same range (₹5000 – ₹7000). MI phones give more features in this price which includes Google play stores and Google services. The MI interface might be complex for a first time smartphone user. In that case you can opt for a Motorola phone in the same price range. Moto user interface is nearly the same as that of the stock Android.
That’s all you need to know about Tizen and the Samsung Z4. Do let us know your thoughts about this phone and if you have any question you can comment below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Samsung India Newsroom
Samsung Dex is an amazing tool which gives a desktop like experience with your smartphone. Well it’s only compatible with the Galaxy S8 and the S8 Plus. Though Samsung Dex is not a powerful tool compared to a Mac desktop or Windows desktop, but it can come really handy for certain tasks if time and flexibility are your priority. In this article, you will find how you can use Samsung Dex to improve your Instagram photos. If you do not have a Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus, not to worry, you can also use the method on the device that you have.
Understanding Samsung Dex platform:
Dex is a dock/hub which allows the user to connect a phone (Galaxy S8/S8 Plus), a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse. It can also be connected to an Ethernet connection, but that is not required for the specific task that we are going to perform in this experiment.
By setting up all the above items, one can have the desktop like experience from their phone. So the user can use the Android apps from their phone on a bigger screen and perform the tasks with a much better flexibility with the help of a physical keyboard and a mouse. Also this process is quite convenient. Nobody would like to import one photo from their phone to their computer and edit it through a massive photo editing tool and then again export back to the phone just to upload it to Instagram.
Google play store is highly optimized for Samsung Dex. So a lot of apps are compatible to run on a full screen/desktop screen. So these are the steps that you need to know to improve your photos using Samsung Dex.
- Connect your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus to your Samsung Dex station. It will soon provide you two options. Such as “Screen mirroring” and “Samsung Dex”. You can choose either of them. First go with “Samsung Dex” then you can experiment with the “Screen mirroring” option later.
- Go to your Gallery and choose a picture that you want to edit. Then click on the “Share via” option and open the photo with one of your favorite photo editing app. These are some of the recommended apps which are the best for Android platform.
- After this you can edit the photo in the same way that you used to do in your phone. But the only difference will be in terms of flexibility and precision. Your editing process will be much flexible and the tools those you will apply will be more precise.
- After editing the picture, you may directly upload the picture from your Dex station or you may take the phone back from the Dex station and upload it to Instagram from the phone directly.
I do not have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or a S8 Plus. How this process is useful for me?
A lot of readers might think this on the first place by reading the headline of this article. But it’s all about the concept not the gadget/tool. “Screen mirroring” is the alternative option that is available in almost all Android smartphones. Through this process you can even mirror the screen of your phone on a huge TV and edit your picture in a better way.
We hope you like this article. If you have any other innovative idea that one can implement in improving the quality of their Instagram photos, do let us know. Also follow us on Instagram at @360techlife for more ideas and DIY kind of stuffs.
The largest photo sharing app Instagram just announced one new upgrade to its platform. From the beginning, Instagram has been application specific and was available for iOS and Android. But recently Instagram has updated its mobile website where, a User can upload a picture from the mobile device or various cloud services and use the Explore tab. Continue reading “Instagram mobile website now allows to upload photos and explore.”
After much speculations, rumors and leaks the refurbished units of Galaxy Note 7 are finally coming to market in June 2017. The refurbished Note 7s are rumored to come with smaller capacity battery and comparatively less price than that of the original Note7. Now a South Korean News publication reports that the speculations are true and Samsung is really planning to bring back the Galaxy Note 7. Continue reading “Galaxy Note 7 is coming back in June 2017.”
Samsung has recently launched Galaxy C7 Pro in India. This phone will be available in two colors (navy blue & gold) in India. The phone will be available exclusively on amazon.in from April 11, 2017 at ₹28,000. In terms of specifications, this phone is a direct competitor of OnePlus 3T. Here are the features that the Galaxy C7 Pro is packed with. Continue reading “Galaxy C7 Pro is now available in India”